Sunday, February 2, 2014

Vampires

I love vampires, I love old style, new style and the evolution between it all. To me a vampire is the ultimate "bad boy" and for most females that is very attractive and seductive and I feel like that's a main portion of what makes vampires so popular. The lust factor between a vampire and the person they are seducing is very intriguing to people and as that has progressed vampires have become these lust symbols but also in newer generations they have adapted ways to still have their humanity. In the example of interview with a vampire Lewis tried to hold on to as much humanity as possible by eating animals rather than killing innocent people and in newer things like The Vampire Diaries and Twilight that is the "definer" of their humanity where as in older versions they don't they just drink people's blood. I am a huge fan of The Lost Boys and I find that a very interesting movie because they stick pretty close to the original vampire rules or myths but vampires are seen as damned souls and The Lost Boys has a lot of biblical and religious points in the movie. One of my favorite examples of this is when Michael asks "Where is Star, David?" (as in the star of David).

No comments:

Post a Comment