Friday, February 28, 2014

Spiritual Education

I was never really read books like this however I did watch a few of the Harry Potter movies and I see how magical this type of book is. First of in books like Harry Potter or The Night Circus you go into this fanciful world where really crazy and awesome things happen and kids totally dig it because authors who write this genre I feel are bringing out their inner child and just as an example with the Harry Potter books when you in a way grow with Harry Potter through the books you can go back to that magical childhood moment you experienced with him in the first book. As far as the book for this week Night Circus it has a few of the same components as Harry Potter like the girl Celia has an abusive upbringing but I see a big difference in the magic of this book. It isn't so much like witchcraft but an advanced illusion. I guess that would be my best way of explaining it. But regardless this genre of books appeals to children (even inner children) and gives us all a chance to experience magic.

No comments:

Post a Comment