Thursday, February 20, 2014

Witches

I found this story very interesting, and in response to weather I see any stereotypes I did see a few however I feel like this story is way different than I had expected. I think the fact it's a group of old women is a stereotype but at the same time these women were completely average everyday old bitties. Something I thought was an interesting twist was the all the animal morphing. I can see how that is connected with witches and witches produce magic but I wasn't expecting that as a witchcraft. This is definitely kid friendly the witches aren't particularly scary like in the movie we watched Suspiria where there was a clan and the witch was scary and ugly. In fact most witches in the older films were portrayed as old, ugly and scary and I feel like movie makers made a point of that because back then witchcraft was something feared and unaccepted and now there are all kinds of different witches. Men, women, young, old and in all actuality anyone can practice witchcraft.

No comments:

Post a Comment