Saturday, February 8, 2014

Weird Horror

I find that weird horror is just plain weird, which does kind of state the obvious but I can elaborate on that one. I had seen American Psycho a few weeks ago and it fell under your weird horror category and I totally get that because this movie was just plain weird. I feel like it was a joke in a way which I can also connect with cabin in the woods. I feel like weird horror has a twist of humor about the way horror films are made. They use cliches to make statements about how unrealistic horror films can be and over exaggerate the relationships between characters and settings but its executed in a way that makes a great horror film but also shows that its made for movies and not real life and give the audience a sense of security in the horror.

No comments:

Post a Comment